First Evangelical Lutheran Church

Category
Attractions
Details

1401 12th, Avenue Altoona, PA 16601

The First Lutheran Church, built in 1896-97, was the last Gothic revival-style church to be built in downtown Altoona.

In addition to displaying finely crafted clustered columns, and other intricate woodwork, the church’s well preserved interior features some of Altoona’s finest beveled and stained glass windows, a myriad of multicolored floral, geometric and religious designs.