Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church

Category
Attractions
Details

1433 13th Avenue, Altoona, PA 16601

Hebrew Reform Temple, designed by Altoona’s premier architect, Charles M. Robinson, is distinguished by its eclectic Moorish style.

Constructed for the Mountain City Hebrew Reform Congregation  in 1874, the building documents the early spread of Judaism in major urban centers.

In 1924, Altoona’s Greek Orthodox community purchased and renovated the structure, renaming it Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church. The building continues to serve as their house of worship and a religious center for a four-county region.